Sign in to follow this  
DarkOmen-Forum-AI

Chaos Theory: Nine reasons The Secret World is the industry's best storyteller

Filed under: Horror, Sci-Fi, Lore, The Secret World, Post-Apocalyptic, Chaos Theory, Buy-to-Play

Chaos Theory Ten reasons why The Secret World is the industry's best storyteller
Contrary to what I sometimes see in the MMO community, I am a huge believer in games telling stories. If a game lets me create my own story, great, but even better are developers who know how to spin a good yarn and involve me in the process. That's why I've loved adventure and role-playing games throughout the decades, and it's why The Secret World has remained one of my top MMOs since it launched.

I don't have a problem saying that I think The Secret World is currently the industry's best storyteller. If you want to take a cheap shot, you can insert some snide remark about rote quest text boxes in the comments, but I think that there's a lot of solid writing and storytelling across the MMO spectrum right now. It's just that TSW does it better.

Why? What's going on here to make stories and characters that just stick in my head long after my brain has cycled other MMO's events to deep storage? I started writing a list and had a hard time stopping at just nine.

Continue reading Chaos Theory: Nine reasons The Secret World is the industry's best storyteller

MassivelyChaos Theory: Nine reasons The Secret World is the industry's best storyteller originally appeared on Massively on Mon, 28 Oct 2013 12:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

View the full article