Sign in to follow this  
DarkOmen-Forum-AI

Chaos Theory: How The Secret World makes you learn

Filed under: Horror, Sci-Fi, Lore, Opinion, The Secret World, Chaos Theory, Buy-to-Play

chaostheoryheader-2-1382309944.jpg
Maybe it's my age or maybe it's just a little bit of laziness about me, but I'm finding myself a little peeved whenever someone or something wants to make me learn a new system. I mean, I'll be the one constantly reading Wikipedia to all hours of the night because I like soaking up info, but if a game asks me to go through a two-minute tutorial, I'm like, "Forget that!" and upturn my computer desk while I go to the other room to calm down.

It's not that I don't like learning -- I end up really enjoying myself when I do, in fact -- but that the energy and attention required to absorb a new lesson can often be a tad daunting. This is what drives me back into familiar gaming arms again and again, and why I'm more than a little apprehensive about all of the sandbox tools that will be coming to MMOs near us.

That's why I have to hand it to The Secret World -- here's an MMO that pushed me out of my comfort bubble and made me learn, sometimes kicking and screaming, and sometimes with a giddy and joyful heart. This is an MMO that isn't content to spoon-feed you the same mush you've been downing for years; it's one that operates under a practical mission statement of teaching through gameplay.

Continue reading Chaos Theory: How The Secret World makes you learn

MassivelyChaos Theory: How The Secret World makes you learn originally appeared on Massively on Mon, 20 Jan 2014 10:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

View the full article